I’m back from almost 2 weeks off. While I was away on vacation, many others were busy:
• NetBeans 6.1 released Patch 2 and NetBeans 6.5 Milestone 1 (PHP included) also shipped (do people in Prague ever take a break?)
• VisualVM 1.0 ships and is part of the Java 6 Update 7 release ! (some background here). Notice it’s a NetBeans RCP app and that it features the NetBeans profiler.
• Python in NB !
• Former Sun and startup colleague Vincent launched http://www.jspresso.org/. I like the name, now I need to check out if I like this “end2end” framework.
• EclipseLink 1.0 ships (and is now in GFv3 nightly builds)
• OpenDS 1.0 shipped!. Congratulations Grenoble!
• First SPECjvm2008 Result Published!
• MEP (Mobile Enterprise Platform) 1.0 released (GlassFish + Mobile Sync technology + JavaCAPS connectors). SyncML is now called OMA DS btw.
Now that’s a lot of stuff including many releases but so little time…