We’re lucky to have access to a room in the Moscone Center on the Sunday before CommunityOne/JavaOne (May 4th) and would like to take this opportunity to run an un-conference with the GlassFish community.
I’d love to get your feedback on our current thinking:
– Parallel sessions with content based on the people who show up and their interest
– Sessions are discussions much more than they are formal presentations but we do need a leader for each
– My job would be to track/secure at minimum set of people able to run such sessions.
– Event starting around (no earlier than) 3pm
– Total event time would about 3 hours starting with a 30-minute agenda planning session.
– Potential topics based on early discussion and people who’ve said to be likely in town on the Sunday:
– scaling & clustering techniques (different approaches, real-life usage)
– making money with GlassFish, how can Sun help (partner program, co-marketing, …)
– teaching Java EE 5 with GlassFish
– packaging technologies (which one to use when)
– real-life GlassFish experiences
– dynamic languages for GlassFish v2, v3
– GlassFish v3 architecture
– community and GAP (how to grow the community, status on GAP)
– JSF, Ajax, Web 2.0 marketplace
– [your choice here]
– The number of // tracks would depend on the number of people showing up (no point in having 2-people session).
– One-hour session should probably be the default
Some technical details/constraints :
– Room set up with a bunch of round tables
– Power and network connectivity provided
– No beamer/projector
If there’s enough interest, we could also try to have a “GlassFish porting fest” with people working/hacking on GlassFish and their application throughout the event in a dedicated part of the room
PS: I hear talks about a party at the end of that day (Sunday), but this may just be rumors ;)