The application I use the most (on many different platforms) is Thunderbird and version 2.0 was just released today.
I only have one question: does it (finally) have proper IMAP4/Offline support?
On other things I really dislike with Thunderbird (and v2.0 doesn’t seem to be helping, quite the opposite):
• pressing “stop” never really stops.
• on lower bandwidth connection (hotels calling it High-Speed) compact folders doesn’t compact.
• overall, the user feedback could be greatly improved (the small green progress bar just isn’t enough). Please tell me what you are doing.
• deleting messages with big attachments without reading them seems impossible (and where’s the “don’t download attachments over xyz Kb” option anyway?)
• selecting a message doesn’t actually show its content (again, maybe just on slow connections)
• why does Thunberdird need to download attachements before showing me the body of the message? Any mobile mail client is doing this right. Why can’t Thunderbird do as well?
Any suggestion for an alternate email client (even pay-for) available on all platforms?